Nokia Lumia 610: How to customise the lock screen
Windows Phone on your Nokia Lumia 610 has a pretty strong visual style of its own, but that doesn’t mean you can’t customise it. Why not add a touch of individuality to your Nokia Lumia 610 handset by customising the lock screen?
While the Windows Phone 7.5 OS has definite’house style’ – one of its strengths, we feel – there’s still plenty of scopefor adding that personal touch. In fact, customising the lock screen on the Nokia Lumia 610 is very easy to do indeed.
Your Nokia Lumia 610′s lock screen works brilliantly from the off, and it’s also dead useful. It allows you to see details of appointments, missed calls, texts, emails and voicemails, and even to see whether you have any alarms set.
Despite this, you might want to stamp your own mark on that holding screen by changing the background wallpaper to an image of your choice. To do this, just follow these steps:
- Swipe left on the Windows Phone Start Screen to access your phone’s apps list
- Scroll down and tap on the option labelled Settings
- Now scroll down the Settings list and tap on Lock+Wallpaper
- Tap the Change wallpaper setting and select an image from your Nokia Lumia 610′s photo albums
- If your chosen photo doesn’t fit the screen exactly how you want it to, just pinch to zoom and you can pan the image to have the right fit
While you’re in the Lock+Wallpaper menu check out the Show Artist When Playing Music switch. Swipe this to the On position if you want to view artist/album artwork on your Nokia Lumia’s lock screen when you’re playing MP3’s, letting you enjoy even greater multimedia usability on your phone.
As you can see, customising the Windows Phone lock screen is quick and easy, like everything else on the Windows Phone OS. How will you personalise yours?